Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sweet Baby Girl

I am on a roll scrapping my baby niece lately. Maybe she won't actually be a toddler when I finish her baby album. I did this page for the August Doodle challenge and the August Scraplift The Person Before You challenge. I lifted Penny Lane's layout. It felt like fate because I had been wanting to do zentangle on a page for a while now. The page is titled 'Sweet Baby Girl'.

You can see that I didn't do an obvious scraplift. I was more inspired than anything else. I pulled some of the doodles, the fact that there are doodles, the pic in the middle, and the black and white colors from Penny Lane's page. I drew everything on here. If it's not apparent the overall image is a butterfly. This took me so so long and I think I lost all feeling in my hand for a good 6 hours afterward. However it was crazy calming and when I was finished I was actually sad that I was no longer doodling. I know that I am crazy. I drew this on white cardstock and I was going to leave it like that originally but I went crazy with the border and it just didn't look right to me so I cut out the butterfly and put it on black cardstock and I just love how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...