Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sexy Time

This page I have done for the June Chippie Challenge and June Steampunk Challenge over at SB.com. The June chippie was a surprise this month and it turned out to be an alarm clock. The steampunk challenge topic this month was 'Steampunk Gentleman'. I combined the two by turning the alarm clock into just a clock face and focusing the page on my boyfriend. The page is title 'Sexy Time' because that is my boyfriends 'sexy' face. Really when he's being playful he'll give me that look to start flirting with me. I love him =)
This page was definitely inspired by Finnabair if you couldn't tell. I made the background with mists and distress stains. By the way how awesome are distress stains? I literally thought that they were overrated until I received some in my June kit at SOD. Now I'm obsessed and want all of them. Unfortunately my budget says I can't so I will just have to be content with what I have.

I gessoed over the buttons and clocks and went back over with some paints and mists. I have two strips of patterned paper that I distressed and I stitched over those and random spots in the bg.
I don't have a sewing machine, nor the space for one. So all my stitching is hand stitching. It takes such a LONG time but I really love the effect.
I used flower packaging for the photo mat. I think it was petaloo. I also distressed the photo a little, which I almost never do but honestly some mist accidentally got on the pic and I decided to go with it rather than try to print the pic again.
This is a close of my chippie. It is from 3tailscraft. I misted it, used smooch inks, and defined the details with a black pen. I then covered it all with glossy accents. I LOVE how it turned out. I love the chippie challenge too because it challenges me to use items I might not use normally. I think this page is also steampunk because of all the clocks but also because of the colors. I don't know why but I associate browns, blacks, coppers, and gold to steampunk.

I had SO much fun with this page. I hope you like it!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this one!!!!!! The close-ups show all the coolness even more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...