Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Shea's 1st Birthday

This month's Punky Scraps challenge was very challenging for me ... until I started and then it just flowed so easily. In fact this is my favorite page I have done lately.

The challenge was both a recipe and inspiration challege. Be inspired by this photo:

and include these items:
1. Monochrome (different shades of orange)
2. Use buttons
3. Use 3 photos
4. White paint or equivalent
5. Sewing

Here is my page:






These are pics from my niece's 1st birthday gathering. Those cupcakes were AMAZING. Pretty much the only thing I remember from that day.

The only I didn't include from the list was sewing and that's mainly because when I remembered the sewing the page was all wet from the paint and I didn't feel like messing with it. I love this page regardless of my laziness tho.

This is also the first time I actually painted on the picture. I was always really anti that and now I don't know why.
I used water distressing for the accent paper. The foreground page I used distressing and a bubble punch. To add texture and interest I also crumpled up the page and went over it in distress ink and then I added molding paste, white paint, and different shades of orange mists. For the pictures I framed them with stickles and white paint.

Remember to stop by Punky Scraps and play along!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi - do you know that you have my blog name? I started my blog in 2008... and I chose Scrapping My Life Away then.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...