Monday, October 24, 2011

Souless & Terrified

I have 2 Round Robin challenges due today. The first page is for the Scrapbook.com Round Robin. I am week 3 and I followed Rosita's layout Smile! It is also for the Title Challenge over at Scraps of Darkness. That challenge was to use the title 'Souless'
I used a picture that my boyfriend took in Key West of two spider webs. I think spiders are souless but I thought that the picture had a sort of beauty to it. I made this page with the Oct Scraps of Darkness Kit. I created the background by making random stitches throughout. The frame around the page is black paint, gel medium, stickles, and smooch ink.
Here are some closeups of the flowers and ribbons. Mod Podge has become one of my new favorite products. I love the effect it gave my black lace ribbon and it can adhere even the hard to adhere pieces!!






My next page is for the Scraps of Darkness Round Robin of which I am week 1. I also used the SOD kit. This page is titled 'Terrified'.
For some reason it feels very Edgar Allen Poe to me. I think it's cause of the birds and the purple. I don't think I am so crazy about this page though. This was the page I made to break my creativity block, and for some reason those first pages after the block breaks never look all that great to me. Maybe I am being overly critical but who knows. Here are some closeups:



So that's it from me for now. Look for my page for the first Punky Scraps Challenge for November. I am really loving how it's coming along. I also have a ton of ideas for other pages that I can't wait to get to. The only thing is that my free time has slightly diminished due to my new job. It'll even out though!! =D

3 comments:

  1. How cool is that stitched up bg!!! WOW! I love that photo of the spider webs....super amazing and freaky!! Awesome los. HOpe you like your first day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can only say one thing - WOW! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! I love your tree and birds....perfect. You're super talented. Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...