Sunday, September 25, 2011

Brat

Today to share with you guys I have Sketch 94 for Little Shop of Sketches. This sketch was designed by me and is my third ever sketch (but I think its my favorite :)).
When making a layout for this sketch I realized that it would work perfectly for a page I had in mind for the Scraps of Darkness Skeletons in the Closet Challenge. This month's topic was to scrap a self portrait of who you are when no one is looking. Well I am not afraid to admit that I am a huge brat when no one (but my boyfriend) is looking. I really feel like I should get my way all the time and when things don't go as planned I throw tantrums. Thankfully this occurs mostly in my head. Sometimes it does come out but I try to keep a lid on it most times ;) Feel free to join this challenge. The deadline is until November 15th. You do not have to be a kit subscriber to join. All are welcome! Skeletons in the Closet Challenge
The twists of the challenge was to use a photo that had been edited in some way, and to use some unconventional journaling. My journaling is the thesaurus entry for the word brat. Here is a close up:
I used the September Passages kit at SOD to create this page. I made the frame using black paint mixed with heavy gel medium. I cut out a stencil using my cricut and then gooped on the paint mixture. It created this really cool texture and it's really shiny in real life
The mat for the photo was a black and white page that I distressed, misted, and covered with spark mod podge. I also misted the background page A LOT.
The thin strips of paper and the flowers and the brads are partly gessoed and then I spritzed them with mist. This is one of my favorite techniques. I love the texture it creates and how it makes the colors pop.


I hope you guys enjoyed this page. Remember to play along with Little Shop of Sketches at our ning site!!

2 comments:

  1. Girl this is beyond fabulous! Your technique here is perfection! The misting, gesso and embellishment placement is fabulous. You did an awesome sketch and I love your BRAT face!!!! LOL
    Great job sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love this. Love all that you did wit the gesso and misting .. cool photo too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...