Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cinderella's Castle

So here it is! My first design team page for Little Shop of Sketches!! The inspiration came from this sketch:
I absolutely loved this sketch and even though I was crazy nervous about my first DT assignment I had a ton of fun with it. I used my May Scraps of Darkness kit (which I believe has truly been my favorite kit so far, but just barely as those kits are amazing). The page is titled 'Cinderella's Castle'
These pics are of Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom of Disney World. At night the castle just looks so magical that while I normally only scrap people and activities I couldn't resist scrapping these pictures.
I stickled everything pretty much (like always), misted the bg and purple circle and distressed all the edges.

These flowers were originally light purple. I didn't really like it. So misted they were. I actually made a mistake with one of the mists I used. I thought I had picked up a darker purple color and it turned out to be black. There wasn't anything I could do but to continue with that color and of course no other color was going to show up. So I switched to paints to give it those purple streaks. I am exceedingly happy with this mistake as I believe that the flowers are my favorite part!

Well I hope you like it and please come play along with us at Little Shop of Sketches

4 comments:

  1. Ashley, your layout makes me want to see Disney World. LOL! I was able to go to Tokyo Disneyland and although it was magical too, I have a feeling it's a different magic in each Disney place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Your colours are so rich!!

    Anne Pennington

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, what a wonderful LO. I especially love your photos, they are so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors! Congrats on your first layout with the DT!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...